How do I setup reverse DNS (rDNS/PTR)?
You can setup a reverse DNS record in your DotBlock Client area and following these steps:
You may want to keep in mind that some remote mailservers may check your rDNS record or require the IP to pass a FCrDNS check (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-confirmed_reverse_DNS) before completing mail delivery. For more information, please refer to this article:
- Login here: https://billing.dotblock.com/clientarea.php
- Once logged in click the 'DNS' link on the top menu
- Under the left hand 'Manage' menu, click on the 'Reverse DNS' Button.
- Enter the desired hostname for the PTR record next to the IP address
What is a FCrDNS check?
Note: Customers with dedicated servers will need to contact support to have ReverseDNS assigned for their IP's
Please contact support if you have any questions!
Was this answer helpful?
ACPI stands for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. It provides an open standard for...
You can host as many domains as you'd like as this is not limited however, you must make sure...
If you are already a customer, we recommend using our ticket system to easily track your...
1. Log into your client area at http://cp.dotblock.com 2. Click “Manage Servers” at the top...
1. Log into your client area at http://cp.dotblock.com 2. Click “Manage Servers” at the...