How do I add a DNS zone for my domain?
In order to use the DotBlock DNS management, you will want to point your domains' nameservers to the following:
You can create a DNS zone by following these steps:
Important Note: The default template only creates a primary A record, a 'www' A record, a 'mail' A record and a basic MX record assuming mail.domain.com pointing to 127.0.0.1
- Login here: https://billing.dotblock.com/clientarea.php
- Once logged in click the 'DNS' link on the top menu
- On the DNS Management page on the left there is an 'Add new zone' field, type the desired name into the field and click on add zone
- The zone should appear in the overview section on DNS management page. You can then edit the zone per your needs from this point on.
You will NEED to edit these entries to point to the correct IP address after adding a new DNS zone and add any custom entries that you need.
Please contact support if you have any questions!
Was this answer helpful?
To first access your VPS, you may most easily connect via the VNC client in the DotBlock control...
Our cPanel servers come pre-installed with ConfigServer Security & Firewall or 'CSF', which...
1. Log into your client area at http://cp.dotblock.com 2. Click “Manage Servers” at the top...
You can update the nameservers for your domain right through your DotBlock client...
Basics:Here are a few simple commands to be used from the SSH/VNC command line on most linux...