How do I secure my Windows Server?
There are numerous ways to help improve security on your Windows server. Starting with the basics, we strongly recommend the following:
1) Keep your Operating System and all software completely up-to-date
2) Configure and actively use the Windows Firewall and additional security applications to monitor and filter malicious connections
3) Change the Administrator username
4) Disable all services unless required for your server's functionality
5) Disable all anonymous connections to the server and it's services
6) Randomize the ports used for each of the following services:
- RDP (Remote Desktop)
7)Monitor your server logs and 'Event Viewer' for illegitimate connection and login attempts
Ther are numerous articles on the Microsoft knowledgebase regarding these topics and many more:
Was this answer helpful?
Disabling recursion on the DNS server Start->Administrative Tools->DNS Manager.In the...
To enable remote SQL connections with SQL Server Express please use the following steps: Click...
One simple method of transferring data to your windows server is by doing so through Remote...
We recommend using the extensive support documentation from Microsoft:...
There are two basic steps which need to be taken to ensure audio is enabled on your Windows VPS....