How do I enable audio over Remote Desktop?
There are two basic steps which need to be taken to ensure audio is enabled on your Windows VPS. Before beginning this process, please ensure that you are logged into the Administrator account on your VPS, so that the changes can be propagated to all of the user accounts if applicable.
The first step in this process ensures that the sound functions inside your VPS itself, completing this step alone will not ensure that the audio will be played through your personal computer.
- Click on the start icon and scroll to programs
- From programs, scroll down to Administrative tools
- Select Terminal Services Configuration
- Right click with your mouse on the RDP/TCP tab, and select properties.
- De-select the box labled 'Disable Audio Mapping'
- Proceed to step two in order to hear the audio through your local computer.
- Click on the start icon and type tsconfig.msc -> Enter
- Double click the connection
- Go to 'Client Settings'
- Uncheck the 'audio' checkbox
- From you local machine, open the 'Options' menu in Remote Desktop
- Select the 'Local Resources' tab with the left mouse button
- Locate the Remote Audio area, and choose 'Settings'
- Go to 'Remote Audio Playback' and select 'Play on this computer'
- Apply the changes and your VPS and local machine are ready for audio playback!
If you need to enable a microphone from your Local computer to be used on the server, follow these steps:
1) Open the 'Remote Desktop Connection' program
2) Click 'Show Options' -> Local Resources -> Remote audio ->Settings -> Remote Audio Recording -> check Record from this computer.
Save those settings and then reconnect to Remote Desktop
Was this answer helpful?
If you have purchased a second ip address for your Windows installation and need to add the new...
How to disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) in Windows Server 2012...
If you have a new server and are unable to connect via Remote Desktop, you may need to first...
We recommend using the extensive support documentation from Microsoft:...
Disabling recursion on the DNS server Start->Administrative Tools->DNS Manager.In the...